Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spray, don't lay!


Now, I may not know alot of things, but let me assure you, I do know something when it comes to self tanning. I first began my love affair for tanning (the safe way) when I was 15 years old. So after nearly 10 years (!), I feel quite confident to share my tips and best tans in all price ranges...

So by now, we all know the key to a glowing, even tan is to scrub, scrub, scrub. If you didn't, now you do. Grab a pair of exfoliating gloves, some lovely creamy body wash (or I've found that normal cheap boring soap works wonderfully, but it can dry out your skin) and if you have an old stubborn tan already on, use some St Tropez Tan Remover. Smells quite potent, but it really does the trick.


My favourite gloves are at The Body Shop, they really are much better than supermarket ones.
We all want a nice tan for the weekend, so I recommend starting the scrub process on a Wednesday or Thursday night, then lathering your body in some luscious body butter to keep it nice and moisturised.

Now you are ready to get bronzed! 
So my favourite tan at the moment is Eco Tan. It's natural and uses only organic ingredients. I was starting to get worried about all the chemicals I was putting on my skin and my sister had given me a bottle to try and I loved it! My boyfriend said it was the nicest tan he had seen on me, and the most natural looking too! Go to Ecotan.com.au. You only need one coat and it gives a gorgeous colour. Put it on the night before. Did I mention it was organic?

 If you are in a hurry, and need a nice tan immediately - then go for Le Tan in Le Can. Smells like potent jersey caramels, but it is nice tan. And because you spray it on, you can see exactly where you have missed, so great for beginners.
www.letan.com.au

One of my faves, but quite up there in price is St Tropez in the mousse. I stocked up while in America, it was so cheap there (like all makeup...sigh) but I cant justify the money back home when you can get cheaper and nice alternatives. But I do love it!

www.sttropez.com

Happy tanning ladies! I also recommend getting  professional spray tan once in a while...my favourite brands are Eco Tan, Vani-T and Blackout.

Annie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment