Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

City Slickers - Part 1

Sydney - I think I love you.

After just returning from a wonderful week away, I am feeling great. Credit card and bank balance - not so great however. But I am still on a high from re-discovering this wonderful city so I am not even going to worry about finances. At all!

It has been approximately 15 years or so since I last visited my new favourite place in Australia. Way cooler to visit this time then when I was under 10 years old. So I will show you all a few piccies from my adventure, and give you some tips and ideas if you are planning a holiday away...

1. Circular Quay - perfect place for accommodation!
I guess it all depends on what you are wanting out of Sydney - but it is honestly right in the middle of all the action! We stayed at the Intercontinental. I highly recommend this hotel! Wonderful service, stunning views and you might even run into the odd celeb while you are there (I happened to bump into old school rapper 'Flavor Flav'.) Yes, I was star struck! haha!
We were on Circular Quay - which has the ferry and train terminal - so you can get anywhere you want quite easily. Stress free transport - perfect. Also, views include the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Oh dear, writing this is making me miss it already!




2. Manly Beach
We caught the ferry over - and it was such a funky little beach town! Great shopping too. Fell in love with this divine shop called Nordic Fusion. I am glad Franco pulled me away from it eventually, otherwise I would have needed to hire a private jet to take everything home with me. Everyone, do yourself a favour and check it out! nordicfusion.com.au

I bought this gorgeous print - definately getting it framed!
I really wanted to buy these candy dishes - so many cute colours - but wasn't overly confident that they wouldn't get broken in transit! They are still on my wishlist... I want them in pink!

Manly beach has a real Santa Monica feel to it - the set out was quite similiar. But I must say, our beaches are way better. Pity it was to cold for a swim!


Giant lollie store!


So many more great things to blog about...but I think I best get some rest! I can't wait to show you all my other purchases and pictures.

Annie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment