Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

City Slickers - Part 2

Now, back to this wonderful city...

3. Shopping

I think we have established that Darling Harbour is a top spot for accomodation - but what I didn't mention was that it's really close to George st and Pitt st - which is the hot spot for shopping!!!!
Being so far away from shopping here in Cloncurry, I bet you all can picture my reaction. I was in heaven. I almost had the urge to dive into the rows of clothes and roll around in them. That would have been quite embarrassing for poor Franco - who mind you, was a very good shopping partner up until I made him come into Sportsgirl with me for the fourth time in one day (I was worried I might have missed something in there - something only us females understand!)
Day 1

Day 2

Day 3- I wish! I loved that dress!!!
Other great spots for shopping - Bondi Junction, Manly Beach (the shop Nordic Fusion is to die for!!!) and Rose Bay (also Double Bay apparently is too, but unfortunately I didn't get to check it out!) My wardrobe is so full now. I am a happy girl!
I got these funky items in Bondi - I adore the cuff!
The Rocks Markets on Saturdays are also worth a look - handmade woven scarfs, clothing, handmade soaps, jewellery, woodcrafts...I could go on and on..it really is fun to wander through! I bought this sweet floral print to get framed...
With all the big shopping centres, it's easy to forget there are some great little streets that have funky clothes, interior decorations, jewellery etc...but finding them can be the challenge. I guess it's just a matter of walking around, asking locals and doing a bit of research. One place I would have loved to check out is Oxford st, Paddington. Sigh, sometimes there is just not enough time in the day.

More Sydney blogs to come!

Annie xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment