Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Pretty Wild..

My guilty pleasure is unfortunately, crappy reality TV. I have recently discovered a reality Tv show. If anyone is looking for a trainwreck of a show, then please watch Pretty Wild. I'm not going to rat out on the girls in the show - after all, reality tv never is reality, it's more about creating an image and selling it than chronicling the truth. But for some reason, I'm totally drawn to it. Actually, I think it's because I feel sorry for this family, because it really is like a car crash - you can't take your eyes off it even if you want to. Basically, it's about 3 sisters, their mother (an ex-playboy model) and the ups and downs of living in Hollywood. It accounts the girls attempts to forge a successful modelling career, however, the middle sister, is involved in what is known as Hollywoods "Bling Ring". Have a google of it, but basically, a group of teens allegedly (or formally for that matter - some have served jail time) went around stealing hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars worth of jewellery, clothes, handbags etc from the likes of LiLo, Paris, Orlando Bloom etc. The show only made 1 season, and I think its due to the fact that the middle sister was sent to jail for one month (ironically was in the jail cell next to dear LiLo). I found myself watching this show every night this week, and it made me think about how privileged I am. These girls live in Hollywood Hills, go on amazing holidays, have countless amounts of money, but in every episode, they are in tears. It's quite sad really.

Now I don't watch this show to make myself better. Francisco cannot understand how I am drawn to it. I've always said to him that it allows me to not think and just watch. But to be honest, this particular show, has made me reflect on my childhood and my parents and  just how lucky I have been. And how happy I am to not live my life through a camera lens. I do wonder if this family regrets doing this show, I wonder if it has impacted negatively on their lives. Or maybe, they really are what the show portrays?

Anyway, this is just my Friday ramble. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment